Topical Meeting on Osteogenesis Imperfecta – Riga, Latvia 2019
“See, Hear, Smile!”
At OI conferences we hear a lot about long bones, spine and bisphosphonates, but what about the rest of the body? More than 50 per cent of people with OI suffer from hearing loss. Many don’t even know they have it. Several have so severe problems with their teeth that it affects their ability to chew, eat and smile. And did you know that OI can also affect eyes & vision?
Our goal is that this seminar will create an arena to present newer research, treatment methods related to eyes, ears and teeth of people with OI. Recommendations of follow up of both children and adults with OI related to the topic will also be discussed. Our hope is to create informal networks between professionals working on these topics and that it can inspire new projects and ideas. We hope and believe that attendance from the OI-community can also bring new ideas and perspectives.
The seminar will be a co-operation between the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Federation Europe (OIFE) and the Latvian OI-organization LOIB. We will also involve OIFE’s medical advisory board in the planning process.
Time: Friday 14th of June – Saturday 15th of June 2019
Place: Riga, Latvia – venue to be announced
- Kristofer Andersson, DDS, PhD (Sweden)
- Jannie Dahl Hald, MD, PhD (Denmark)
- Lars Folkestad, MD, PhD (Denmark)
- Kaija Kuurila-Svahn, MD, PhD (Finland)
- Dace Liepina, OIFE (Latvia)
- Anna Rossi, OIFE (Italy)
- Christer Swan, Associate professor, MD, PhD (Denmark)
- Taco van Welzenis, OIFE (The Netherlands)
- Ingunn Westerheim, OIFE (Norway)
The language of the seminar will be English.
- Dentists, orthodontists and other professionals working with teeth & jaws
- Clinicians & researchers with an interest in eyes & ears in OI
- Clinicians & researchers with an interest in OI in general
- OI-community (people with OI, family members, staff and volunteers)
- Professionals & people connected to other rare bone diseases
Everyone interested in the topics is welcome to attend. Previous topical meetings hosted by OIFE have turned out to be excellent arenas for international exchange between OI-professionals and people with OI.
More information is coming!
Follow this page for more information about conference fee, registration, deadlines and practical information. more information about conference fee, registration, deadlines and practical information.
Please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional meetings at same venue after the seminar
OIFE’s Annual General Meeting
Meeting in OI Latvia