OIFE 2023 Youth Event
The OIFE Youth Event is an informal meeting for people with osteogenesis imperfecta. The 2023 edition will be hosted by the Italian OI organization Associazione Italiana Osteogenesi Imperfetta on 7th-10th September 2023.
What can I expect at the OIFE Youth Event?
The main goal of the OIFE Youth Events is to gather participants from all over Europe to exchange thoughts and ideas about being young with OI and to network in order to engage future volunteers. Youth meetings are primarily a very fun and interactive experience, aimed to allow young people to get together and share an experience.
The goals are:
- sharing experience & ideas across borders
- networking and getting to know young people with OI in other countries
- social activities and fun
- creating awareness about OIFE among young people in Europe
People with OI aged 16-35 from European countries.*
* Under-18 participants must be accompanied by an over -18 Assistant/Companion. As with all other Personal Assistants, it would be preferable that they are within the age range of the participants. We have a strong focus on independence, which is why we do not allow parents to attend as Assistants/Companions of the participants during the event itself.
Participants who need Personal Assistant(s) for travel and/or during the event are welcome to register them as well.
We advise that Personal Assistants are people in the same age range of the participants (18-35). We would love to include Personal Assistants in the activities planned for the participants. This is why we believe that having people in the same age range would be beneficial for the success of the event.
NOTE! The participant fee for a necessary assistant is the same as for the other participants!
How much does the OIFE Youth Event cost?
PARTICIPANTS FEE: €190,-
FEE INCLUDES: accommodation for 3 nights on a shared basis, welcome drink on 7th September, meals and non-alcoholic drinks, farewell dinner and party on Saturday 9th, activities and trips included in the program.
Find out more and book your place through our Eventbrite page.
OIFE travel grants
If you are not able to pay for your travel costs or get support from your national organization, you can apply for a limited number of travel grants from OIFE. You can apply for costs for both yourself and a necessary assistant, but the grant will be max 100 Euro per person. Applications for travel grants can be sent to email@example.com