JOIN OIFE’S FREE VIRUS WORKOUT!
A group of volunteers from OIFE are inviting you to join a FREE virtual wheelchair aerobic session/cardio exercise every Sunday and Wednesday on Zoom!
What it is:
- People with OI doing exercises together on Zoom for 30-45 minutes
- Instructions from seated/wheelchair using instructors from videos on YouTube (shared screen on Zoom)
- An informal offer from OIFE peers to motivate each other by exercising together
- Seated exercises for arms and upper body
What it is NOT:
- an exercise program especially adapted for OI
- a formal OIFE event led by OI professionals
- exercises for the legs/lower body
Make sure you have two hand weights available for some of the exercises. If you don’t have weights you can use two small water bottles (ca 0,5l).
DISCLAIMER: Participation is at your own risk. Not all exercises are suited for every person with OI. When necessary adapt things to your own level. In general – avoid movements that you think are dangerous for you, don’t overdo it (it can be pretty intense!) and stop when you experience any pain or discomfort.
- 18.00 Central European Time CET (Paris, Amsterdam, Oslo, Rome)
- 17.00 UK & Portugal time
- 12.00 Eastern Time, USA (EST)
- To get the passcode to attend, you need to sign up to the weekly Sunday event here.
- 20.00 Central European Time (CET)
- 19.00 UK & Portugal time
- 14.00 Eastern Time, USA (EST)
- To get the passode to attend, you need to sign up to the weekly Wednesday event here.
The Facebook chat
We have a dedicated Facebook-chat where we share updates about the weekly exercises (for instance if one of the sessions is cancelled). Let us know if you want to join the chat by sending a message to Stephanie Claeys or Ingunn Westerheim on Messenger.
Example of what kind of exercise programs we do together below.